Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Monday, March 18, 2013

VO2 max test

This is what I looked like today for my VO2 max test.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, though a bit uncomfortable.  I don't have any results/data to report yet.  I'm hoping to get some useful info. on Thurs., when I go back for the endurance test.  Today I did a 5 min. warm up on the bike at an easy tension.  Then the tension was increased after 2 min., and then after every min.  The researcher took my blood pressure a couple of times and I wore a heart rate monitor.  I also had to point to a number on a chart for my perceived rate of exertion.  She said I did well and that I would likely have an even higher VO2 max if it was a treadmill test.  She said most people score lower on the bike (especially when you don't bike!).

Tray  

11 comments:

  1. You remind me of the gal I met at last year's Jamestown Half, Amanda Ricciardi. She's totally into fitness, lifts weights, rides, runs, does those Tough Mudder type things, has biceps to kill for. Recent quote from her on fb ... 20 up down planks, then 1 min plank, then the last 10 up down planks. give yourself 1 min rest then do it again!! #GETIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize that's not me in the picture. I just wanted people to see all the apparatus I had to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course now I feel like a jerk. When I first saw the picture I said, Geez, that doesn't look like her, but w/ all that gear enveloping the "model" there was a chance it might be you and I convinced myself it could be. She does look a little like you. When Linda saw it she immediately said "That's not Tracy." Did anybody else get fooled or am I the only ...

    In my own defense, you did say "This is how *I* looked etc. etc."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't quite have the biceps the model has. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had me wondering too, but after all your amazing runs recently, I figured it could still be you. Sounds like you did well on this very cool looking test. I'm curious to see the results and how you compare with others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's been a massive influx of feedback from unnamed sources requesting that the real Tracy Lee Zagata Vroeginday, and not some bicep bipeddler model, appear in the follow-up session photo report.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bicep bipeddler model is kinda cute (and so is the real Tracy) - so, no need for the Real Tracy pic really. That data to be announced MUST be good looking though. The world is waiting for MAXIMUM oxygen uptake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it wasn't Tracy from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The biceps gave it away, right Barb? Damn, gonna have to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, it wasn't the biceps. You're just cuter than the woman in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Barbara has the last word on this matter. But, you never know ... :)

    ReplyDelete