Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Suckiest 5K of 2012

Not such a great race for me.  But most people were complaining about how lousy they did tonight.  It was very humid and the course was hillier than I remembered.

I did something different this time and actually warmed up for 3 miles beforehand.  When I went out for the first mile, I felt pretty good and had high hopes.  Time was about 7:50.  Between miles 1 and 2, my hopes were dashed - 2nd mile was 8:33!  I don't remember when I had such a slow mile for a 5K.  Finished the last mile in 7:37 but it was too late by then to recoup the time I lost.  I ran as fast as I could to the finish line just to get below 25 min. and made it with a 24:55.  Awful.  Race in the Park: 24:24; Newington:  24:41; Solstice:  24:55.  By the end of the year, I may hit a reverse PR of 30 min.!

However, I think Sri ran it over a min. slower than his usual 5K time.  Brent, correct me if I'm wrong.  And I believe Bob Dacey was sucking some wind as well.  All of these things make me feel better, along with Brent reminding me that I just ran 35 miles a few days ago and was up the entire night.  Oh yeah - forgot about that.

Lani rocked out, in my opinion.  She got a 22:55, which is what I hope to get for any 5K at some point in my life!  I think she won her age division.  I did not place in my age division but while I was partaking in the post-race food, Lani said they called my name.  I went over to ask Kelly if and why they called my name.  She said I won an award and I told her that they already announced my age division awards.  She said they had me classified as an Athena.  So I took my giant strawberry cookie award and pondered wolfing down another cupcake (to live up to my new title). :P

No comments:

Post a Comment