Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peoples Forest 8.5 / 17 Hartford Track Club Winter Series run


Peoples Forest 2011 - Sunday, January 16

Click the above link to view a page with larger images.

Tom Buckley directed the 8.567 / 17.134 mile HTC Winter Series run this year. 66 runners came. The temperature was about 32, the road was in good shape and the sun peeked out throughout the run. Todd Brown provided water and gatorade at the 4 mile mark.

Lani, Rose, Barbara K. and Dave C. did the 1 loop course (Rose tacked on a couple of extra miles) and Lee and Tracy did the 17. We recorded our times which will be reported in the newsletter. Rose did 1:47 for 10.5. Barbara did 1:27. Condit did 1:13. Tracy crossed in 2:44 and Lee showed up 2 minutes later. Lani did a 1:09.

Linda drove, took pictures and was her usual supportive self. It was a wonderful way to spend the morning with friends.

Thanks Tom and Todd. Well done.

PS - I ran for awhile with Peter Hawley and when I learned HTC is looking for a new race director and also somebody to take the Hogsback Half, I offered to do the latter. Volunteering is something I will be doing more of this year. I will be looking for help.

Nice job, Brickyarders! I'm sure Kelsey wanted to join us. There are many more races coming up. We'll see you there!

Photos by LBrad

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to everyone who ran today! Nice job!

    I'm really enjoying the Affirmed versus Alydar style competition going on here between Tracy and Lee - very entertaining stuff. To make up for not racing today, yesterday I ran 10.5, walked 0.5, and jogged 3 more to the gym, did an ab, back, bicep, and shoulder workout, and proceeded to get exceeding nauseous from over-exertion...

    Needless to say, the 17 Lee and Tracy ran put me to shame! Awesome running!

    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos Linda! Thanks for the post Lee, and your update Kelsey. It was great to see Lee, Linda, Rose, Barbara, Dave, Tray, and Peter out there on such a cold day. Missed Kelsey and Mary, but looks like Kelsey is getting his workouts in and Mary & ran yesterday at the W. Hartford MDC. I enjoyed the day, ran with Kathy for about 4 miles, finishing in 1:09.
    Excellent job by all Brickyarders, running strong right through the toughest part of winter.
    So Lee, you're going to take over Hogsback?? Put me down as a volunteer!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops me and my typos, that should read Mary & I ran yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lani and Kelsey. It was great to see you Lani and to see Peter. You ran well. Kelsey, you're funny. Now I have to look up Affirmed versus Alydar. It's true; I had her in sight for the last probably 3 miles. The mental gymnastics were fascinating. But it became clear she was going to smoke me in the end. And good for her. "Score": Lee 1 (Roxbury and by only coupla seconds), Tray 1 (today). I was especially taken by her remark to me at the beginning of the 2nd half: "less talk, more running". We both got more serious. It was a ball. Rubber match: Colchester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey, your comments are hysterical - and I didn't know what the hell kind of competition Affirmed versus Alydar was either until I just looked it up...

    http://horseracing.about.com/od/famoushorses/l/aa070900a.htm

    LMAO!! Now the question is: Who is Alydar and who is Affirmed?

    Lee, in all fairness, I have to remind everyone that you also finished a second in front of me at the trail race. So looks like I'll have to stay strong for Colchester AND Oleksak. I don't think I have a chance with the shorter races - something having to do with fast twitch fibers, I think. Oh well.

    Lani, awesome job yesterday! What I'd give to run that pace for more than 4 miles.

    ReplyDelete