Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tray runs Roxbury in 4:18:17


Tray ran her 2nd fastest marathon this morning in Roxbury. I joined her at mile 19 and ran the last two loops. She told me when it was over that it was "the hardest marathon she'd ever run" and had to dig deep in the last miles. I did not know how much she hurt and am very very impressed by her strength and perseverance. She looked smooth all the time I was running.


Chuck "Marathon Junkie" Engle of Coos Bay, Oregon won it in 2:43:59, bettering his last year's time by a couple of minutes. His time last year was a course record. He indicated the record he set today would last 365 days. His goal is to WIN a marathon in every state. Real nice guy. I chatted w/ him briefly.

I met Chris Deming, the race director. There were about 100 runners (130 registrants). Sara Dickinson-Belles and Emmy Stocker ran it. Croix Sather (http://www.dreambigactbig.com/) did 2 extra loops. I met him at last year's Petit race. I bought his book and asked him to sign it and gave it to Tray.

He wrote:

Tray

Anything is Possible

Croix

Congratulations Tray. You should be very proud. I think Benny's wrist sweat band helped. Wash it, give it back to him, plunk yourself in a comfy chair and rest!

Lee

I expect results and pix will be posted on the Roxbury Facebook page shortly. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/318800434661/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lee - for the company, support and encouragement, the awesome book I can't wait to read! Thank you Linda also for braving the cold and lending support that is so much appreciated.

    This was a tough one. As I was eating a piece of a grinder at the end, there was another runner nearby and I asked him what he thought of the course. I started to say that I didn't know if I would run it again and stopped myself mid-sentence. "Nah, I'll run it again next year," I said. Actually, I think the Brickyarders should all tackle it!

    Can't wait to party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete