Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sat. at B-yard - can you say, "debacle?"

Well, the subject line is not totally true.  Mike, Barbara, and Dave ran smart and without pain.  Brent and Tray - not so much.  My morning - overslept, had to go back for my Garmin after driving about a mile, couldn't get my stupid backpack to stop leaking from condensation (which caused a soaking wet shirt and shorts), and then knee pain almost from the start of the run.  Oh yeah - couldn't get GPS satellites for at least a mile.

So Mike ran 10, Barb ran 6, and Dave ran 8.  A new girl (Anuncha?) joined us and had a much faster long run pace - probably sub-10 min.  Ironically, she joined my old running group but screwed up the meeting place for their long run this morning.

So by mile 12, Brent and I gimped along and added some extra walk breaks.  It was a solid 3 hours of "movement."  Brent did close to 18.  I guess I did 17 and change.  Not a long run I want to repeat!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that all of you ran so far this morning. I found the weather to be too warm and humid for my taste. I picked up my pace in the middle of my run, but then slowed again. I was considering going another mile, but then decided not to stretch my luck. Tracy, hope your knee feels better. Always great to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete