Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brickyard update and River Run 10K

Yesterday (Saturday) was a bit chilly, but a beautiful morning for a run.   We had a new runner show up, Kathleen from Granby, the two of us were not aware that Rose and Judy had planned to start at 8:00 am.  So we set out around 7:40 and ran to Unionville and back, meeting Rose on her outbound leg. We sure missed Lee, who is rehabilitating some ankle problems.  Hope he hears back from his doc soon with a diagnosis so he can figure out how to proceed.

I myself have been struggling with some right hip/leg trouble.  I KNOW, don't diagnose thyself...but I callem like I see 'em, and the signs and symptoms of this leg problem is a slam dunk for piraformis syndrome.  Nothing serious, but can be really painful.  So, I spent last week running gently and stretching a lot.  It felt ok on the Saturday run. 

A 50K or 50 miler was definitely out of the question, but I decided to take my chances with the River Run 10K which starts at Iron Horse in Simsbury.  The weather was cold and sort of nasty which did not really help my leg at all. I suppose the 3 pants and 2 shirts with a jacket did not help that much either because saturated with water I was pretty weighed down.  I took it conservatively, and tried not to push it too far.  I finished in 50:37, which was good enough for 66th overall and 4th in my age division.  The more important result is that my leg is pretty sore right now, but definitely not as painful as it was 2 weeks ago when all this started so I know I did not do any damage (yet!!).

Hope to get in some decent weekday miles this week, win this week's Weigh-In for the Biggest Loser Challenge I joined with the nurses on 7-1 at Saint Francis...however..this is probably wishful thinking given that I am the slimmest person in the whole thing.  But I can still dream about winning.

I will also be turning 39 at the end of the week, so I'm on the brink of entering a new age division!  [ What happened????  When I started running it seemed like I would be in the Under 20 division forever...]

Anyway, hope the weekend is nice and Lee can join us on Saturday. 

If the leg is ok, maybe I'll run the Granby 10K on Sunday and try for a little better time.

Signing out for this week- Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment