Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, June 6, 2010

70.3 miles later

Today was the REV 3 70.3 triathlon. It has half ironman distance, but the WTC or whoever has a lock on the Ironman brand, so they can't use that in the title.

Anyway, it was held at Quassy Park in Middlebury, CT:

1.2 mile open water swim
56 mile bike (muderously hilly course)
13.1 mile run

It was really a great day.  I am quite proud of myself.  One year ago, this was just a dream and an idea, as I was scared to swim in the open water, terrified to ride a bicycle on  the road, petrified of riding "clipped", overhwelmed by the gear and training involved....

My time was not fast (7:46).  Given my recent person life upsets, my motto was "Don't drown, Don't crash, don't code (go into cardiac arrest) ".

More on this experience to follow, for now I will post before and after photos!

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration. Given the personal situation, your stick-to-it attitude is monumental. Congratulations Lani. Well done.

    ReplyDelete