Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fairfield Half Marathon, and Virtual Half Marathon

Anxiously awaiting news from Rose and Lee regarding their experiences at the Fairfield Half Marathon....

I was closed out of the race, so turned this weekend into an intense training weeked:

Sat 41+ mile bike ride, followed by running intervals for a few miles.  Ouch.

Sunday- The virtual half marathon- My body was toast this morning, was not sure if I would be able to complete.  Running for a time goal seemed like a good idea, but was not possible given the current state of my body.  Got through it somehow, ended it at 13.2 miles, then went swimming at the Y.  This was followed by some strength training.

I have a lot of new training ideas that have been working pretty well for me, so I hope to continue with what I'm doing over the next few weeks.  One thing I have done is turned all my weekday runs into hill runs.  I do repeats up this .75 mile steep hill near my house.  It nearly kills me in this heat, but it really gets me in shape.

Next weekend, I will be traveling to California for a very short stay.  I am excited that I will be meeting with Lynne Cox, who is a champion open water swimmer.  Maybe she can help ma little on my swim stroke as I train for my next tri, which is the Litchfield Hills Olympic Tri in New Harford, CT (.9 mile swim, 26 mile bike, 10K run).

In other news, I was contacted today by Dea Collins from the HTC as they were in need of another woman to run in the Open Category.  I am not a USATF member, but will be in a few minutes.  I am happy to join, but unfortunately my 40th birthday is in April next year, so I will not be able to run for the open team very long....

Until next time, I am planning to send a picture update from my cell when I am in SoCal next weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Lani - your positive attitude is infectious.

    As the report below says, my non-virtual 1/2 was *real* slow but the good news is my ankle isn't too bad this morning. Rose and I had a good time in Fairfield.

    Keep it up!

    http://primepuzzle.com/tpf/fairfieldhalf-2010.html

    ReplyDelete