Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Congratulations

Congrats to Mary and Lee on the Petit 5K.

The Brickyarders ran on Sat, minus one member who had trouble locating us. In an effort to make technology work for us, we are trying to establish a cell phone contact so we don't leave anyone behind.

I decided to forgo the Petit race today. The cause is good, but I really need to put in some good training hours. I was able to ride yesterday afternoon. I've just intalled aero bars on my bike. It is a totally different posittion to ride in, and takes a lot of getting used to so I was practicing with that. I really am not sure if I have all of the adjustments right, I might need to see a bike fitter to be sure.

Today, I did a nice hilly ride, followed by hill running. By the time that was all finished it was about 11:30 am, and I had nearly melted into the pavement.

I was able to make it back to the pool in the late afternoon. The tips and drills that Lynne Cox gave me are awesome. My stroke used to take a lot more energy and really was not all that fast. Now I feel like I kind of glide along, taking breaths only every three strokes, on both sides, learning to sight,ect. I am anxious to see how things go in my next Tri, which is coming up next month.

Tomorrow 7/19 is the first day of the runner's world NYC Marathon training program. The workout is listed as a rest day, I think I can handle that!!!!

*****For a flat fast 5K, check out the 2010 Space Race, Sat Aug. 14, 2010, 8:00 am at the CT Air Nat Guard Base. Registration starts at 6:30 am at the corner of Russell Rd. and Perimeter Rd., East Granby. Run past the planes on the tarmac! Registration info: Plattys.com****************

No comments:

Post a Comment