Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sea Legs Shuffle

It was a great day for running in Guilford, missed Lee and Rose. Lee is reportedly returning from NY soon, he has been doing a lot of biking lately. Rose is back in the US after her trip to Italy, she was able to put in some good miles to burn off all the delicious pasta and bread she had on the trip.

It was in the high 40's when I left Granby for the race, so I dressed in a nice warm long sleeve shirt, only to find it was about 75 and humid down at the shore by race time. Ooops. My goal was just to run a nice steady pace, which I did- was able to hold onto an 8:30-ish pace on a fairly hilly course so I was quite happy with that. During the race, I saw Kathy Scotti who I know from the hospital, as well as one of the radiologists. After the race, I finally met up with the team. Dave and Barbara made it down for the race as well. It was nice to see everyone out there, and I look forward to seeing the whole group together in New Haven on Labor Day.

As far as the future races, not really sure yet about the Torrington 5 miler this weekend, my NYC training program calls for a 12 miler that day. Still on the fence about Hartford Marathon/Half Marathon...

Mary and I are planning to run again on Saturday, a few easy miles. Maybe we'll see some of the group there.

Hope all the Brickyarders have a great week--Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment