Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Team Primal Force at the Races!

Congrats to Rose and Lee.  Took me forever to find the race results, listed at Hi-Tek.  Rose ran 28:22, Lee a 24:08, from the picture take looks like everyone had a great time.

Mary and Lani ran 4.something on Saturday @the Brickyard, Mary now has a Garmin!!!

Today was the Litchfied Hills Tri for me, (Lani).  I am no swift triathlete, but very happy about the improvements over last year.  I think I was 206/214 finishers last year, dead last in my age division (but not dead - and that's an import ant thing when it comes to tris!).  This year, thanks to some swim tips from Lynne Cox I took 15 minutes (!!)  off my swim time.  The bike was not too fast due to a mechanical problem and torrential downpour.  Not exactly sure what's going on with the bike- the back wheel was scraping and all out of alignment, it's at the shop now because it's not exactly rideable. It seemed a little precarious to be riding with mechanical issues on crazy downhills in the rain, but I survived. And in the last leg, I took 14 minutes off the 10K run, for a 56:50 in the rain, not sure what that pace would be. I was still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom of my age division but I sure am enjoying this new challenge.  My NYC marathon training program called for a 13 miler today, so I went to the gym and did 7 miles on the treadmill in the afternoon as I had enough of being out in the rain.

Rose is running the Old Wethersfield 5 K next weekend, Mary and I are planning to run in Farmington.  Not sure what Lee has planned.

I hope we will all be together in New Haven on the 6th, and plans seem to be shaping up for MDI.

Have a great week running and crosstraining.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bike problem. And glad to hear you bettered both your swim and run times! Tris are really difficult; I've only done a few and none Olympic and I consistently came in at the back of the pack. Triathletes are truly athletes!
    I'll be doing the Echo Lake 10 mile in Vermont on Saturday. I've tried to keep the Upcoming / Past Races column to the right pretty current so check this out if you're wondering where we all will be.
    Dave Condit and Barbara Kream both ran great Lobster Loops yesterday. I think Dave came in in about 21 and a half and Barbara did about a 26 and a half. We saw them at Bob Marum's wake yesterday afternoon. Bob died peacefully and unexpectedly while vacationing in Maine. He had just turned 70. Bob was on my racing team for years and the news of his death was one of those shocks that make you realize every day counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss' partner, Paul Rabenold, did this one too. He placed 2/6 in his division and took 2:33:58.

    ReplyDelete