Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Monday, July 29, 2013

Fw: Very Brief Race Comments

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android


From: Lani Ralston <laniralston@msn.com>;
To: bradley_lee_r@sbcglobal.net <bradley_lee_r@sbcglobal.net>;
Subject: Very Brief Race Comments
Sent: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 9:53:34 AM

Hi Everyone, thanks for tracking me out there!  This is not exactly a race report, I don't think anyone would really care to read the details and I wouldn't care to write them. 

But as you know, I DNF'd last year.  I left town intending to never come back and heard that the 2013 race sold out around noone time.  Fine with me.  Long story short, when I went home and checked the race results to see that big DNF next to my name again, somehow I clicked on the tab for 2013 and Google Chrome auto filled a registration for me but I really did not think this registration page was for real. Anyway when my mom called I reached for the phone, hit my mouse, and the rest is history. There's a no refund policy, and Peter said it was fate- go back so I did.

I made some process goals- no time goals.  They were smile a lot, thank all the volunteers, come out of the water without feelingsomeone delievered a knock out punch to my head ( although I did get a few of those in the scrum), really ride the descent without a death grip on the brakes and "flatten out the course" which is a syle of riding these hilly courses.  For the run, I just wanted to run comfortably without causing any damage to my hip/hamstring.  So I walked when it tightened up, and stopped several times to use the port-a potty---don't tell that to real triathletes: those dedicated folks take care of business while in motion.  My "nutrtion plan" was to eat very light.  The medical study people loved that --when they asked what I ate out there and I said "ice cubes", while everyone else was rattling off some pretty serious lists.

In other notables I saw Kelly a few times on the course, and of course Peter was out there on the hot corner, so we saw each other many times. 

OK, off for my medical study check in.  For my time and trouble, I will recieve a $225 training item (top secret).  I am going to be donating it to HTC and I believe Kelly will raffle it off at Hogsback so check that out. 

Thanks again for tracking me, stay well everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment