Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Monday, March 17, 2014

marathon

Short: I ran personal best 3:14:55 marathon, by going by effort instead of gps watch, didn't want to know my pace on downhills if I was going fast.
Long: I had petty good week, with 2:24 hilly Stu's 30 part of high intensity and high mileage week. It gave me confidence that I could do sub 3:20 on a course playing to my strengths. Two Rivers marathon is mostly downhill for 12 mi, then flatish out and back. The back part was with strong tail winds. There were about 24 ahead of me at turnaround when I cranked up a notch after being a little conservative in head winds. Passed at least 10 to finish 13th overall out of 114 finishers. I was a little surprised to see sub 3:15 while I was expecting under 3:20. Either I put a lot in the bank on downhills, which comes easy for me or the course was a little short. My enthusiasm is a little muted, I would have been thrilled if it were 3:19:xx as I expected.

Hope to maintain my fitness next few weeks, really looking forward to Boston marathon to set a new course PR there.
Sri

No comments:

Post a Comment