Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Monday, October 14, 2013

Hartford / Newport


Hartford full
Hartford half
Hartford 5k
Newport full

Well, this is old news for most but, in case you missed it, Tracy (aka BQ baby) ran a 3:40:44* in Newport.

100 6057 Tracy Vroeginday 1:48:22 3:40:44* 8:26 3:41:04* 40 23/419 F 7/131 F4049 PLANTSVILLE CT

Now, usually, asterisks next to names mean something bad (drugs, wind at back, etc.) but in this case it means

* 2014 Boston Marathon qualifying time based on age today.

Lee  ran a 4:19. Mike had a rough one but finished around 5 and is looking back at his training etc. to figure out what needs to change. We all had a great time, met new people and enjoyed the experience.

Lani, Lea and Adam finished the Hartford full all in *very* respectable times. Adam writes ...

"2012 was my first marathon, and my goal was to finish it under six hours, and my actual time was 5:43:02. This year my goal was to finish under 5 hours, and I paced with the 4:45 group, and my time was 4:56:28 (knocked off  46:34), and I enjoyed every second of it. Next year my goal is to finish under 4:30.

Also I saw Lea at the start, and Lani at the finish, and attached here are screenshots of their results."






 




Dave and Barbara finished the Hartford 5k close together.

Pictures were taken by me at Hartford and Linda at Newport using our box camera and there was no way they could be posted till I got home. Here they are. Hartford first, Newport next.


 Lani at Hartford start


Sri close to finishing Hartford 1/2

 
Kelly close to finishing Hartford 1/2


Tracy at Newport at the 1/2 way point


 Tracy at Newport at the 1/2 way point


 Lee at Newport at the 1/2 way point


Mike at Newport at the 1/2 way point


 Mike at Newport at the 1/2 way point 


 Lee at Newport at the 1/2 way point 


Mike finishing Newport


Mike finishing Newport

2 comments:

  1. I met Kim Marchand at Newport. He knew me and called out my name at about mile 24 or so. He volunteered at Hogsback. He ran Hartford the day before and took pictures of Peter Hawley et al (is one of only 4 who has run all 20 Hartfords) and Larry Macon (153 mararhons last year, over 1000 in his lifetime (he's about 69 I think)). Here's a link:

    http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/larry-macon-runs-record-153-marathons-in-2012?page=single


    ReplyDelete