Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Thursday, February 10, 2011

40 days

Hi Team, guess what? 40 days till the official start of spring, and just 33 days till we return back to daylight savings. There will be an end to this winter, believe it or not!
It was good to hear from you, Chip. I was thinking, maybe you can find a garmin on ebay or Craig's list. I think they are also making a more basic model these days that is much cheaper, but still has all the GPS functions. Is the half marathon you mentioned in Westfield the same day as the 1/4 marathon in West Hartford?
I am happy to report that I have survived week the first of my 24 week ironman training program in one piece so I am planning to run in Wethersfield on Saturday. I have another committment later in the morning, so I'm going to start out around 7:30am if anyone wants to join me. Hope to see everyone there. We'll have to get some miles in this weekend, Colchester is right around the corner! Lani

1 comment:

  1. Chip and Lani -

    The Westfield 1/2 is on Sunday the 3rd of April and the 1/4 marathon is the day before, on the 2nd. Tray, Lea & I are running the 1/2 and Tray & I are also running the 1/4. I hope you both can fit Oleksak (or/and the 1/4) in.

    Rose has been talking about buying the Garmin 110 which isn't cheaper but it's easy to use & is the size of a regular watch. It does not have "real time" pace / distance read out but you can set it to give you avg. pace every 1/4 minute or every 1/2 minute etc. which actually is in some ways better than instant pace cuz the latter tends to be somewhat erratic.

    Looks like we'll have a good group tomorrow w/ one new runner (Frances Smith) who'll be going long (14-15). I'll be @ Highcrest @ 7:30. See you 2morrow.

    - Lee
     

    ReplyDelete