Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Welcome Pat!


Pat Milligan joined us for 16 miles this morning. It's always cool to meet a new person cuz you can share stories, learn what they are interested in etc. etc. Pat hails from Rochester, NY and was in the area cuz his daughter's dancing @ the Warner theater in Torrington this weekend and who'd want to miss that? Pat pretty much "out-classed" us w/ his stat's (try 1:29 1/2 and 3:12 Boston (not sure about the minutes). He ran in High School, took a long break and jumped back in 2 1/2 years ago after losing 80 lbs. He's active in several running groups in his area and said he's in the middle of the pack with one of them. If you run a 1:29 1/2 and are in the middle of the pack, what does this say about how fast the guys and gals in his group are?

Due to high-ish winds Lea bowed out but will see us @ Colchester on Saturday. Frances came down with a head cold and "called in" to wish us a nice weekend. Kelsey was MIA so we couldn't provide Pat w/ a very competitive front but, all in all, we almost kept up w/ him.

Mamma Rose (which is probably spelled wrong, sorry) knocked out 11, about 3 more than she had in mind (I have a formula for Rose: take what she says and add about 3). Also, she was the Earliest Bird, arriving pre-Lani (who got caught in traffic).

All in all, a fine way to spend the morning. And now, it's on to continued CHM training, Iron Man (that's 140.6 miles) Lake Placid, 50K and don't forget those important 5 Ks.

Have a fine week, at work, at play, at wherever.

Lee

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me Lee. I had a great time. It is nice to spend time with others that share the same passion. My Garmin "pooped out at 13.5 miles and I did another loop and a half, so I am only taking credit for 15+ miles. Also, I can't take credit for 3:12 in Boston last year. You and I were throwing around a bunch of numbers in a short period of time. I trained for 3:10, but only managed 3:17 (with a pit stop). Next marathon will be 3:10 or better. Good luck to all in the upcoming racing season (especially this Saturday). Talk of travel to Torrington next year is already in the works so I may be in your area at this time again next year. If any of you are ever in my area, give me a shout and we will get a run or two in. I will have to get Lani a compass though. Just kidding!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete