Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shamrock Race Idiot Award

Hello team! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend running/ races. I went to the Bristol Shamrock Race this am, fully hoping to beat last year's 38:40 on a very hilly course. After a nice warmup, I watched the kids finish their race. A ton of adults proceeded to the start, and I followed (that's where the idiot part comes in). The gun went off, and I was cruising along around 7:25 pace. The course seemed different, even more hilly than I remembered. And then to my suprise around 1.8 miles I saw the finish line just up ahead...and it dawned on me that I had just run the 2 mile race instead. I stopped for a few seconds not quite sure what to do, and then just decided to finish anyway. They clocked me in at 14:35.

A half hour later they started the 5 mile race, by that time I was pretty well tightened up but ran anyway--and still managed to pull off a 37:59 by my watch-beating last year's time anyway. Have not seen the official results so I don't know if they counted me in both races or not. But I got my $20 worth today!!!! Good luck to the O'Hartford runners, I'll be looking forward to your race report.

2 comments:

  1. 47 Lani Ralston 30F F3039 Granby CT 37:59 7:35 2/33 1102

    Complete Results

    All I gotta say is, *WOW*, 2nd in division after running a 2 mile race. I've heard of running doubles on adjacent days, but a double within a couple of hours? *AWESOME*, Lani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True confessions, was listening to my iPod & that's how I ended up in the wrong race!! As the awards for the 2 mile was held during the 5 mile race, did not realize until Rose called me- but my 2 mile time was good enough for an age division first place! Luck of the Scottish (and iPod) I guess.

    ReplyDelete