Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, March 6, 2011

WPLR New Haven Shamrock 5k race report

Don't ask me how to write that in Latin, yo no se!

My objective  at today's event was to simply show up and bring a chip across the line for HTC.
I had my camera but took no photographs due to the rain, so let me paint a picture:

Last week's IM training had me doing anaerobic threshold testing in all three sports, topped off by a 3.5 hr. bike ride through Western Mass yesterday afternoon, then a zone one transition run afterwards.  Needless to say, my legs were quite dead when I woke up this am. I met Katy Scotti, Dea Collins, and Mike in  Wethersfield (at 7:10 am!),  we drove down together and met Kathy Lundin and Nancy Loughlin at Toad's Place.  By then the rain had started, everyone was seeking shelter inside and it was a real mob scene.  We got off just a little after 9am, and  Kathy Lundin fresh off the indoor master's track championship (which she won) killed it. I was hanging on for dear life about a minute behind her at about 22:12ish. Dea was across the line at about 26 minutes, and Kathy somewhere behind her.  I have no idea what Nancy and Mike did. The Kathy-ies both took home age division awards, as did Bob Dacey for the men.  I have no idea where the results are posted, and probably will not have time to look this week. 

Just after we all finished the real downpours started and we were outta there. 

All in all, it's an interesting experience to run with the team. I know Lee already runs for Hi-Tek, and Dave for HTC.  If anyone else is interested, it looks like HTC could use some more bodies (sorry Lee and Hi-Tek). Just go to the USATF site, become a member, then let someone on the team know so your race results are recorded, and show up for the grand prix series races listed in the newsletter. 

Hope everyone has a good week.

PS return to DST is 7 days away, and the vernal equinox is in 14 days! Yay spring is almost here.

1 comment: