Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring training Update

Spring does not seen to be in the air yet, but I've heard it's just around the corner.  There was some great training going on this week by the Brickyard group.

Lee and Tray did their back to back long runs, and were off to NY and NJ respectively for the weekend. Rumor has it Lee was going to jump in weekend race in the Watkins Glen area, so we'll wait for the report of both the race and the training sessions.

On Saturday morning, Rose; Barbara; Dave; and I braved the arctic blast that swept over the Brickyard- 16F at the start!  Dave and Barbara were fresh off the Lake Waramaug Polar Bear Race, where apparently Dave's chip broke and he was officially listed as No Name in the results.  As per our usual, we all ran a variety of distances and are happy to report that on our southbound leg we found the bridge open!  Rose, who took the distance prize this Saturday is off to Florida for three weeks. She is planning to run the Shark's Tooth 10K, I believe in Coral Gables on April 9 so we'll be wishing her good luck. 

My triathlon training had me riding several hours on the bike trainer this morning. Then Mary and I met this afternoon in West Hartford to check out the conditions for the HTC 1/4 Marathon on Saturday.  Due to the above mentioned ride, I showed up with the form of a 100 year old lady...Mary graciously told me I looked more like a 90 year old and dragged me through the MDC. She was wondering if I should enter the wheelchair division at ironman instead. Anyway the MDC course looks good, a little sandy with a few frost heaves but overall not too bad considering the winter we just had.

The highlight of this weekend's training for me occurred at our post run D&D stop.  We were chatting and warming up with some coffee after the run.  There was one other patron there sort of eavesdropping on our conversation.  Then out of the blue he spontenously broke into song, singing "Baby, Baby" ...

Well, hoping to see a bunch of people on Saturday, and hoping the weather starts to turn soon.

And, as a grad x 2, I would be remiss if I did not add Go Huskies!

No comments:

Post a Comment