Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Pace of Asses


First off, let me apologize for the late publications of a couple of comments. 


The title is Tray's idea. It comes from something I kinda started and she followed up on ... a list of names for groups of animals. Donkeys come in paces :)

Anyway, yeah, Mike, Adam, Lee and Tray showed up early at Iron Horse in Simsbury and ran between 8.6 and 22.0 miles. It was 4°F. No wind, fortunately. But it took *forever* to warm up.

The Pace these Asses ran was highlighted by

1. Adam pretty much getting delusional when we 180ed to go back and find Mike who hadn't been seen for a while and when we spotted a runner coming at us Adam was *sure* it wasn't Mike cuz he was "way shorter than Mike." It was Mike. 

2. Tray's hair above is pretty awesome in its frozen condition. But you should have seen her on the run. Almost totally white. A 41-year-old doubled her age and all it took was about an hour and a half of supercooled running. To finish out her 22 Tray borrowed some thick, large running socks from Lee for mittens. Her hands were that cold.


3. Yours truly's (that would be Lee's) mustache had so many ice clumps Tray is now on a crusade to get him to shave it totally off.


4. Mike completed our quartet, a pace of asses for sure. Anybody that drives a long way to run a long way on such a cold day is a bit whacked out. 

I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Lee

1 comment:

  1. Today the cold got me, but we had a fun. Every time I see my pictures from today I laugh so hard, because it looks like I was crying. Actually I was trying to smile, but I could not feel my lips. Also as you can tell I could not feel my hands either.

    ReplyDelete