Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bike Run Bike, Run Bike Run

Rose and Lee were off to the race in Elizabeth Park, hoping to hear their update soon.

I decided to make make a little adventure of the Sat morning Brickyard Run, I left a little after six on my old trail bike from the northern section of the rail to trail which is near our house. I had the most beautiful ride into the rising sun, saw all sorts of wildlife. I had my camera so I took all kinds of great shots along the way. I thought it would be a 10 mile ride, it was more like 20! I chained my bike to a tree in the woods, and then met Barbara and her husband, we ran for several miles, then I picked up my bike and headed home.

When I got to the Sandscreen Road section in Avon, there appeared to be some sort of fire dept drill going on, and one of the LifeStar helicopters was coming in for a landing. I got a few great shots, and rode away quick when the rotor wash swept the trail. Round trip it was just over 40 miles, run included, so that was Bike Run Bike.

On a side note, wanted to post my photos from the ride here, but somehow, all 157 photos on my memory card were deleted!!!

This am's workout started in Glastonbury, for the Shamrock Duathlon: 5K run, 26K bike, 5K run. I ran 25 and 26 minute 5K's. My legs were very tired on the bike, and little kids on mountain bikes were passing me. It was quite pathetic. This was balanced by some pretty decent running, I think I passed about 30 people or more in the second 5K. I am getting more and more used to running after biking. But, I was really happy to have the opportunity to work out some of the gearing issues with my bike, hydration and nutrition issues, and smooth out the transitions. All in all, I think those things and my general overall pacing strategy was a lot better in this event than in my last triathlon.
And that was my Run Bike Run.

Next week????
There's the Old Saybrook Race, and a 5K right near my house in Bloomfield. However, I may just try to get in some good brick workouts in ppreparation for the tri.

1 comment:

  1. This clearly puts Lani one step above a "Plain Jane" biathlete; she knocks down two events in as many days and manages to make them both palindromic.

    ReplyDelete