Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lani's Traning Update

Saturday Morining Run

This morning, we had a nice group which consisted of Rose, Lee, David, Barbara, and Lani who took off from Brickyard Road in Farmington and the 4+ miles to Unionville and back.  It was rumored that Rose ran an additional 30 or 40 miles as she is training for her Avon 26/13 run in October--but those rumors have not been confirmed yet!

Injury and Treatment
Last week, I gave my right leg a little rest and used the eliptical at the gym (not really sure how that machine is supposed to provide any kind of workout because on level 24 my heart rate was still in the 130's) I also started doing some of the step by step treatments for piraformis syndrome and hamstring pull from the Sportsmedicine Patient Advisor, which is a great book I have used with injured patients in clinical practice.  I have progessed nicely through all the presecribed exercises and an happy to report that I am relatively pain free after this morning's group run at Brickyard Road.   It sure feels good to back in business. 

Challenges
So I guess with yesterday's birthday cake and the training reduction, I probably won't be the winner again this week Biggest Loser competition at work.  Oh well, there's 10 weeks to go...

Crosstraining
Since my leg is feeling better, I'm hoping to rev up my training a little with some core and strength work.  I really despise any type of weights, but have really found kettlebells to be a perfect fit.  I am learning a bunch of the exercises and having fun with it.

This afternoon, I was able to ride about 20 miles of the greenway trail with my mother, we rode northbound from the Granby, CT section to Southwick, MA.  They are currently paving beyond Southwick towards South Hampton, MA.

Racing Update
If my leg is ok tommorow morning, I will head over to the Granby 10K.  It is held within walking distance from my house, so I would really like to make it if possible.  If it works out, I will try to send a picture from my cell phone to the blog for a *live race update*. We'll see what happens.

New Ideas
I have a few new ideas that I think will complement my training and racing really well, and I will try to put together some details on these items in a mid-week update, I am hoping that others may find them useful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment