Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Granby 10K

Race Report:

The race started at 1:00pm on this unseasonably HOT day.  It was over 80F on the pavement when the race started on Rte. 10 and ran straight down the center of town.  After about mile 1 we hit the hills, and then by mile 3 or so we were into the MacLean Game Refuge for some gnarly trail running.  The last mile and a half was at a slight uphill grade, but the heat was the biggest obstacle. 

The race turned out to be one of attrition, A young girl who nearly won the race outright was taken to the hospital after collapsing 200 ft from the finish. I had some trouble with the heat at the end, but am happy most of all to report my leg was achy and sore but really not painful.  I am back in business!!  My race time was slow-  a little over 53 minutes, I think everyone else's was kind of slow too though.  I was third place overall for women, and the first female finisher from Granby, I took an age division prize too.  So for $20.00 I was able to enter, and came home with a check for $25.00, a bottle of wine, a trophy, and a hat.  And, I did not even have to drive there.

 I saw a bunch of people I knew- Kathy and Linda from work, Erling Scmidt, my old roomate from my college years Annette,  and Peter Hawley.  A guy who grew up on the same street as me, Steve, was the paramedic on standby for the race.  I shot some video there- it's a short clip 17 seconds long, but I don't know how to post it.  Any ideas???

2 comments:

  1. Excellent report. If you can offload the video to your computer and then send it to me as an attachment I can probably take care of the rest.

    Lani - your recent posts have been very funny, very informative and, well, just plain cool.

    Well done today in Granby. You da Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete Results

    This was the 39th annual running. This race is the 2nd oldest race in Connecticut.

    23 Lani Ralston 39 F Granby CT 38 53:43 8:39

    I would say Lani's description of her performance was pretty low-key. She was downright AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete