Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fairfield Half Report

 

Please click the link below for more pix etc.


Not super hot, a bit muggy, 4500 runners. Rose and Lani ran it together. Lee managed to squeak out a 3rd in division. Sara Belles did a 1:27 (Wow!) (personal best and 3 minutes quicker than she told me she was going for) and placed 8th woman overall. Marc Robaczynski was 8th male overall, took 1:11 (Unbelievable!) and told me he had no one to run with after some young runner who was doing a 5:20 pace (but said he wanted to average just sub 6) faded. Andie placed 3rd. I managed to catch Kate on film as she came in.

Lani rode 100 miles yesterday, swam a good 1/4 mile in the ocean after the race (not to mention tacking on 1 mile post race (w/ Rose) and 6 miles pre race (she needed 20)). She tapers 3 weeks before LPIM. We wish her well in this ambitious effort.

My sincere apologies to Mary-Lynn Currier who placed but whose photo I took somehow got deleted. I am really sorry. You ran great and looked great. She told me she's running the Hartford full. I encouraged both her and Marc to consider running Hogsback Half on September 24th.

Thanks Rose for distributing apps for Hogsback Half before the race.

Update: 6/27/2011 - Rose and I talked this morning on the phone. One thing that came up was heart rate and it got me wondering what mine was at the end of a hot muggy fast race. You can visit the below to learn and see a variety of things, in particular how my heart rate averaged 162 bpm and maxed at 171 bpm. Gotta love your Garmin.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fairfield runners! Lee, I can't believe you got another trophy!! Nice job. I was way too hot running a short 5K (dripping with sweat before it even started) so I give you guys a ton of credit for running 13.1 in the heat and hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tracy. I can't imagine running a half in this weather. Congratulations to everyone. Awesome, Lee!

    ReplyDelete