Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, June 24, 2011

Hartford Full


As no fewer than 6, Tray, Lee, Mari, Kelsey,  Beth, Lea, and possibly more, Brickyarders are in the early days of training for the Hartford Full, a book I used to train for one of my best marathons came to mind. I've ordered 4 "like new" copies of the latest edition of this book and want to give them to anyone who is interested. The first edition of this book was very inspiring and useful to me. It is both a log book and an advice book. "Cruisers," "Pacers," and "Racers," Joe Henderson's names for 3 kinds of runners (first time, intermediate and experienced) will benefit by reading and using this book.

Tray and Lea have training plans. Tray's bringing hers this Saturday, from coach George Kominos. Training plans are important. Setting goals is important. Try to pick a realistic time goal for your marathon based on what you know about yourself. If you're unsure, run a few shorter races in July and then try to extrapolate. This is of course difficult because some say a marathon actually "starts" at about mile 20. I'm shooting for just under 4 hours. Tell "the world" what your goal is. This has always helped me accomplish my goal.

For example, as I said in our online "Brickyarders' Log", which I am so pleased lots of us are using!, I'm going to try and take 1:43 in Sunday's Fairfield Half. Ambitious. Maybe not super realistic.

Aim high. You might get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment