Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lake Compounce Report


The morning started out very iffy for me - turned on the Garmin and it read "Batteries Low." No problem, I thought. I've run many times for much further than 3.1 miles on a low battery and it always lasted. Well, no such luck - the watch kept shutting off. I considered carrying my cell phone because that's how obsessive I am with time/pace/splits/yadda yadda. Threw the phone back in the car at the last minute though and only had my breathing rate to gauge my pace. To my happy surprise, I was able to finish in 23:33/7:35 pace!! A personal best on the course and overall for a 5K. I also won 2nd in my age group. The bad news is the massage therapist said my hips were misaligned, along with a host of other issues which reminded me that my body has it's limits and is becoming more limited with each passing year.

5 comments:

  1. Tracy, way to go!! You have many PRs ahead of you. All of us have some biomechanical issues (except for my husband - I am convinced that he was put together by an engineer). The hard work you do means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Barbara's remarks, 100%. I have been thinking of you and hoping to hear the sub-24 news. Waydago Tray. Don't let the massage therapist's remarks ruin your day. You did really really well and I am soooo happy for you. There may very well be things you can do to help any misalignment issues.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS

    And you placed! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barbara and Lee! I'm laughing at the "biomechanical issues" remark. The massage therapist who worked on me has known me for years, as he volunteers at many of the races I have run. When he re-aligned my hips, he commented that now I don't have to gallop when I run! LOL I think I may go to him once a month for a re-alignment/tune-up. :)

    ReplyDelete