Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Monday, June 27, 2011

New Shoes?

Congrats to everyone over the weekend! I'm always blown away by how much enthusiasm and energy you guys always have; it's very inspirational! So inspirational that I've decided to bump up my training plan a bit to include the mileage in Hal Higdon's Intermediate 2 plan.

Along with the running, I'm trying to get a new pair of shoes to break in before the Hartford Marathon, and I'm thinking of splurging on the Brooks Ravenna 2 (recommended by Runner's World) but I'm very afraid of striking out on the shoes! Anyone have suggestions I should try on along with these???? ~Kelsey

5 comments:

  1. Intermediate 2 sounds awesome, Kelsey - you can do it! The only suggestion I have about the shoes is to buy them at Fleet Feet. You can wear them for up to a month and if they don't work for you, they will take them back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody told me about a half marathon which takes place 3 weeks before Hartford which most full marathon training programs consider an ideal distance and time. It's called the Hogsback Half and takes place in Colebrook, CT. Perhaps you've heard of it. I understand the weather was hot last year but the race director assures me that he has taken care of this. Check it out. Oh, as for shoes, Tray knows shoes so I'd go for it.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The Hogsback is a definite of course! I'm planning to run the Twilight 5k in Enfield on July 9, but then I'm torn between People's Forest 7 miler or Ocean Beach 11 miler. Also looking for a 10 mile race or half marathon in late August, but haven't seen anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The New Haven 20K race on Labor Day would fit into your schedule. It is one of the best race days in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete