Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, September 9, 2011

Call to Brickyard!

You are invited to join us at Brickyard Road tomorrow morning at 7 AM!

Lea put in a request for a couple of loaves of bread from New Haven so we'll be taking care of her tomorrow on this front.


It's been a rather mixed week of running and not running for many Brickyarders. From tender heals to strained ITBs, we've seen it all. But we're a smart bunch and have chosen to take a few rest days, keeping the race dates in focus.

Carolyn Lloyd will join us tomorrow (a veteran HTC member who hosted the Eddy Gorecki bench dedication gathering at her house last year). She will be running only 5 and at a slow pace but is looking for company. I'm thinking some of us who are going long might be able to go South across the bridge and then come back to the parking lot for a warm up before heading North and then back to complete a long run.

I think Lea's looking to complete her 2nd 20. Brent, Lee and Tray have 15 in mind. Rose tells me she wants to run 12. If Dave's ITB is OK maybe he'll be running. Barb did run New Haven so we're hoping she'll be there. Not sure about anybody else but of course would love to see you! Who knows, maybe Napoleon'll do another 20! 

Linda, Rose, Lea and I are in Hogsback mode, building our volunteers, pricing bagels, blitzing the media and getting excited about the 100 or so registered so far runners. Thanks everybody for stepping up to make this a good one. "Hoggie" is proud of you!


2 comments:

  1. I plan to be at Brickyard tomorrow, but I'm not sure about Dave. He had more physical therapy today, and is feeling better; but I'm not sure he is ready to run (he will prove me wrong). I ran at Brickyard this morning and the bridge is still closed, probably due to the heavy rain the other day. The downed trees have been removed, and my run was quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tray is wondering if we'll be doing an out and back sequence and have water etc. in a cooler @ the parking lot where we start. Various people have offered to do this. I know the Vernon group I run w/ rotates the water thing among the members. Right now we're not that organized! I'll have water in a cooler and leave it in the Brickyard parking lot tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete