Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, September 25, 2011

going waaaaay beyond the call


Media Queen Lea Crown spoke to me post race and fantasized about writing something up on Hogsback 11 along the lines of ... "and the skies opened up mid race and greeted the runners w/ a much welcome blue sky, bright sun and soothing breeze" yadda yadda

And I look forward to her perhaps a bit fanciful take on what really happened.

But ... Linda just got a call from Judi A. who among other things told her that she went back to New Hartford this morning w/ her bike in their truck and actually *found* the lid that blew off the HTC 5 gallon jug after they picked it up from the course.

This is just one of the many waaaaaay beyond the call stories of the 11th annual Hogsback Half.

Here's another one. Tray asked for a Hoggie cookie for her son. She already gave the one I gave her some time ago to one of her sons and wanted both to have one. The cookie I gave her yesterday was the last Hoggie. Then a runner asked for a cookie and I asked Tray if she would give it back to me so I could give it to the runner. She gave the very last cookie in the world to the runner. The one she was going to give her son. Think about this.

I got a shipment of 12 cookies several months ago. Kelly Burns Gallagher had the baker send them to me to see if I thought they were good enuf to order 100 more. Linda and I ate a couple when they came. We froze the rest. They keep for months if frozen.

I am going to take one out of the freezer tomorrow morning and give it to her. We're running long at Brickyard @ 7 AM.

The moral? When you give away what you want the most you might be surprised by what happens next.

More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Lee, the cookie thing was no big deal, really. I actually saved the first cookie - it's on the window sill in the kitchen - b/c I didn't have 2 at that time for both boys. So don't worry about it at all. However, that being said, I can't believe you're holding out on all of us with 12 more cookies in your freezer! :)

    ReplyDelete