Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas week update

Hi Brickyarders,

Christmas will be fast upon us, hope everyone is finding some time to fit some running around all the holiday hustle and bustle.  I am back in town, and now Lee and Linda are out of state for Christmas.  Our weekly Saturday run is pre-empted by Christmas, but if anyone is interested in running on Sunday I am planning to run about 10. The forecast is calling for cloudy skies, high of 29F, and no precipitation so our Brickyard Rd. venue should be clear.  In the event of inclement weather, Rose has a course that runs through her neighborhood that would be suitable for a group run. Post a comment here or email me directly, laniralston@msn.com if you are planning on running so we can organize.

The annual Joe Valonis New Year's Day race, traditionally the start of the Winter Series is sporting both a new distance and new location: 8 miles this year in Rocky Hill.  So far Lee, Rose, and I are planning on running. Entry fee is a $2.00 donation, and additional details can be found at the HTC website or in the newsletter. 

In the true spirit of holiday giving, I bought myself a new pair of the "minimal" running shoes ( I opted for the relatively cheap New Balance Minumus).  I have to see if all the fuss made about the midfoot strike created by these shoes really does result in faster times.  I am going for a test run now, and will let everyone know about the results in the coming weeks.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and happy holiday!

Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment