Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Roxbury Half Report


Betsy, Tracy, Lee, Kelsey and Rose



First ever Roxbury Half for many of us. About 85 ran. It was 16 degrees at the start. Bibs, chips, fairly well marked, absolutely gorgeous course. Betsy, Tracy, Kelsey, Rose, Kate, Emmett and Rob ran. Times will be posted at http://roxburyraces.net/. Kelsey did a 1:45, Tracy and Lee crossed at 1:58 and Rose at 2:16. Everybody ran well!





Kate and Lee



Betsy finishing. Won the full, ran 30 on Friday. 4th today!



Kate, Emmett, Tracy and Lee



Kate, Betsy and Lee




The "bird's eye view" feature of Garmin Connect is really cool. Here's a link to the run.


Tracy; we did 9:01 pace. Next time, (I guess not Colchester but maybe Oleksak Lumber Spring Half in Westfield), let's try for 1:49:59.

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was such the athlete until that half yesterday kicked my butt! I honestly feel more sore today than I did after the Hartford Marathon. More hill training for me!

    I have been curious as to how Roxbury compares to Cochester and it looks worse unless I am not reading the elevation profiles correctly. Check it out:

    Colchester:
    http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=114817

    Roxbury:
    http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=406865

    Last year at Oleksak, I ran 1:58 but I was about 6 weeks into marathon training and not running very fast at all. I intend to definitely crush that time in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brickyarders- Great race report!!!! Sounds like everyone had a great race, and for whatever it's worth, looks like it was way more successful than Colebrook. Wish I could have been there, but hoping that I got some benefit from some altitude training to kick off my 2011 season.
    It appears that a bunch of us have some goals for 2011. Maybe in the next week we should make a 2011 "Goal Post", and we can encourage each other towards reaching those objectives in the coming year.
    Be back to to east coast tomorrow nite. Lani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy has decided to become a web programmer to compliment her running skills. She promises that future posts that involve links will actually work. She attended a crash course in how to create links today. She is a promising student (and by that we don't mean she just promises :). Go Tracy!

    In the mean time, compare the profile maps of Roxbury and Colchester. Which presents the greater challenge?

    Colchester:

    http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=114817

    Roxbury:

    http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=406865

    ReplyDelete