Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hey all -

I probably won't be checking back here during the holidays, as I will undoubtedly be undeniably and unaccountably busy. I've been rather mopey since our Roxbury Half, and with so much activity around the holidays it's hard to get motivated! That being said, I'm getting off my rear end to go for a run...

Something caught my eye I thought I'd share - it's just a 5k in Meriden called the "Tradition Run" on January 23, but the website made this race sound likes loads of fun. Check it out if you're interested (I'm still not sold, myself): http://www.runningpast.com/trun.htm.

So with that, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I'll try to get down to Brickyard on Sunday, but no guarantees! Relax and enjoy this time of year!

~ Kelsey

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to my Brickyarder peeps! So glad I met you guys. Can't wait for a great running/racing year in 2011.

    Kelsey, sorry you are feeling mopey but it happens from time to time. That was a butt-kicking race on Sat. so we deserve a little R&R.

    The Tradition Run does look interesting. I ran up Castle Craig a couple of years ago. For 2 miles, it keeps going up. By the last quarter mile, I felt like my heart was beating outside my chest. I was less conditioned then so maybe it wouldn't be so bad now. It says the race is not timed so technically we could go there anytime to run the hill and add a few more miles to boot! I'm game for anything.

    See you guys in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick Update: Snow projected to start around 12:00 pm, so this morning's 8:00 am run is still on, expecting about 5-6 people running a variety of distances and paces as ususal.

    Re: the Tradition Run, I vaguely remember running this race many many years ago when I was in high school...(I think they timed us with sun dials back then) I remember it being a good run.

    Re: the minimialist shoes, they remind me of the racing flats I wore in high school and I just love them. Having a hard time slowing down my pace when I wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a couple of emails from Lea Crown. She is an HTC member and works for the city of Meriden. She sent a flyer about the race (see link). Sounds like a great run. Lea is also interested in joining the Brickyarders (has run 7 1/2s and will be training for Hartford full). I'll give her a call.

    BernieJuraleRun2011.pdf

    ReplyDelete