Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Last group run of 2010

Rose, Barbara, David, and myself braved the winter chill (17F when I left Granby this am) this morning for a run.  Barbara and Dave ran just over 6+, Rose ran about 9, and right as I was finishing my 11th mile...I turned to see Rose literally frozen to the pole where we traditionally start!!! Her hand finally came unstuck, and we went to D&D afterwards to thaw out.

Looks like this storm that's coming through will mark the end of our Brickyard Road runs until about the end of March.  Ideas for some winter locations were discussed today:  Dave suggested Roger's Orchard, Rose has a course in Wethersfield, I know some nice routes in Canton; Granby; and near the Bristol/Southington line.  Please post any other ideas so we can organize some runs this winter.

Hope to see everyone at the Joe Valonis race next weekend, and People's Forest on 1/16.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about where Brickyarders can run. The key thing to try and minimise is the travel time for all interested parties. I know Tracy's near Southington (Plantsville) and since Lani knows some good routes there I vote we emphasize that area. Would like to provide Lea Crown w/ location asap. If you, Tracy and Lani, can map out something we can shoot for come Saturday next, that would be good.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete