Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, April 29, 2011

55 mile bike ride w/ Lani

I'm sure Lani (and I) will have more to say about today's ride in the coming days but here's my Garmin report. I joined her in the Simsbury to New Haven first leg but we soon realized my hybrid was too slow (yeah, blame it on the bike ...) to make it to New Haven in time so we ended up heading out on our own. Lani was really really nice to hang back with me. A beautiful day and we went thru some beautiful places. Thanks Lani for giving me so much.
 

1 comment:

  1. Had a great ride, and a few comments:

    First of all Kudos to Lee, who has not ridden in a looong time, jumped on a bike and rode over 50 miles through the northwest hills. And when I say hills, think Tour De France, Alp d'Huez and that kind of thing...

    Hope this ride redeems my previous reputation at being perpetually lost...check out that map --and not a single wrong turn!

    The video recorder creates some real nice imagaes. Unfortunately, mounting it on my aero bars did really work due to the upward angle. Need to try something different next time...

    Got another 20 miles in, and then a swim afterwards. And the last time I checked, there are no bike trails on the Lake Placid course (!!!) so this ride worked out better anyway. All's well that ends well.

    Check out craig's list and ebay, there are often good deals on used bikes.

    ReplyDelete