Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A new blogger

The blog welocmes Mary, who kindly sent along this post:

The Greatest Gift

Today was a great day for two reasons, I got to run and I got to run with Lani. We made a date to run last night. I shot Lani an email and in subject line it said, “Run tomorrow?” She quickly responded with a how about 11:30 and potential locations. I responded that 11:30 would be great and she could choose the location. Lani chose the Brickyard. And what a beautiful day it was to run there. The only problem we experienced was dodging all the cyclists.
I arrived promptly at 11:27. Lani was already there. I quickly got out of my car and met her. We greeted each other accordingly, and then Lani tells me, “You need to take it easy on me because I was just on my bike for 4 hours.” She had just finished before she met me. I was aghast. I couldn’t believe it. I told her of course we could take it easy. I’m not breaking any records these days.
I was so happy when we started our run because I couldn’t believe that Lani had already done 4 hours on her bike and yet she still met with me to run. I felt I had received the greatest gift ever. I got to run and I got to run with Lani. Thank you Lani for making today such a great day and running with me.


Thanks for Blogging (and running Mary). I agree about those cyclists that were trying to run us down, that was intense.  Don't they know how much more challenging it is to torture one's self on a bike trainer, they should all be inside enjoying the pain and suffering and leave the trail to the runners- Lani

Lee has set up the blog so that emails to:
teamprimalforce.brickyarders@blogger DOT COM  will post a message to the blog, or as Mary did, you can email me at Laniralston@msn DOT COM.  Please note the dot coms are spelled out again so we don't get anymore spam, although the watches in those ads were kinda nice.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Mary!

    PS - I'm going to text you today about this but how 'bout Wednesday you & I do the Newington 5K course @ around noon?

    ReplyDelete