Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mid-week update

Greetings Brickyarders-

Hope everyone's training is going well this week! This evening after work, I ran with the Thursday nite 8 miler in the W.H. Reservior. This was my first Thursday nite run since they put in the new parking lot and removed the striped pole a few years back. Only 5 people showed up, which was an improvement over last week when Peter Hawley ran solo. Kathy Shultz, Peter, and I ran at a nice leisurely pace which was a good thing since I was pretty tired after work and Kilkenny almost Killed Lani. So anyone who is interested should come down, this run does not seem to be the blistering fast near-race it used to be.

Looking ahead, as far as I know Lee, Tracy, Mary, and myself are planning to run various distances at the Brickyard on Saturday. I'll probably ride my bicycle down from Granby.

As far as I am aware, Rose is the only Brickyarder racing this weekend, Good Luck Rose!

The Lake Waramaug Ultra fast approaching, we are excited and ready to run (I think!).

Also, the 40th anniversary of the Granby Road Race coincides with my 40th birthday on the last day of the month. It's a nice course, about half on roads and half on trails. So if I can still walk after the Ultra, I'll try to be there and probably will drag my mother and Peter along too. Hoping some other Brickyarders can come down and celebrate my entry into the Master's Division with me on that day.

Per the track club newsletter, Lee is now the official race director of Hogsback!!! We'll all have to give him our support and make this a success.

See some of you Saturday, Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment