Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Marathon Training

Hello all, hope the training for Hartford, Mohawk Hudson, and the other fall marathons is going well for everyone. 

Rose and I were just talking about our last long runs before Hartford., it seems as if the weekend of Hogsback would the perfect time.  Therefore, we were wondering if anyone would interested in a post-race party of sorts at Hogsback...which would be part of or all of another lap around the course.  This would also allow those who are helping out and unable to run during the actual race to experience the beautiful course.  Any takers?

Also, in case anyone else is interested, the day after Hogsback is the Rugged Maniac in Southwick, MA.  I'll be doing this race with a team from the hospital.  There are lots of obstacles, including mud; ropes; and maybe even fire. Anyone care to join us.

Good luck to those running Torrington tomorrow! Lani

**PS to my fellow allergy prone runners: avoid taking Allegra-D right before the race, or you could end up like me last week! It makes for a psychadelic experience, but not a great race!**


3 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. I know my training plan calls for 22 miles on Hogsback day which obviously I won't be able to do since I'm directing the race. I'm thinking I'm going to be too busy even after the race, taking down tents, picking up signs, tables etc. Some volunteers will also be running the race. Some will not be running the race. In both cases, if they want to run the coarse or add a few more miles to get the distance they want, this would be a good way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a test to see if I can enter a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that won't work for me either for a long run, since I'm volunteering at Hogsback and not running the race. I'm hoping to do my 22 miler on Sun. of that weekend.

    ReplyDelete