Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Re: [Brickyarders] Echo Lake report from Lee

Lee,
 
Good run.
 
Anyone want to car pool to the 20k? One proposal: I could pick up people at exit 21 (route 91 Middletown) commuter lot (country club road) by police complex at 7am labor day and then pick up Tracey at exit 10 commuter lot about 720am.
 
Brent
Home: 860-335-0909
 
 


--- On Sun, 8/28/11, Team Primal Force <teamprimalforce@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Team Primal Force <teamprimalforce@gmail.com>
Subject: [Brickyarders] Echo Lake report from Lee
To: brentcpaesq@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 28, 2011, 6:32 PM

I had a good race. I ran 1:22 (8:12 pace) for 10 miles. Got into a rhythm which lasted the entire race. I heard / felt a cadence of 16 beats. 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4. I used it to keep my pace real steady. I was struck by the connection w/ the Echo song mentioned earlier.

The race is not fancy. No clocks, not even tear off tags. There are 3 races, a 10 miler, a 10 mile bike and a 5 mile bike. No age divisions. 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each race. Results will be published on http://www.orleanscountycitizenadvocacy.org/. Last year there were only 19 10 mile runners and I placed 17th. This year I think I placed 4th. David Herr placed 1st with a time of 1:08:00! This is a two loop course with an up up up up hill at mile 2 to 3. Here's what my Garmin said happened. I like to study these things. Click where is says View details. Check out the elevation map.


Two of my Vermont friends (Bruce Gould and Candace Dane) were going to run Echo but due to the weather forecast the Mt. Mansfield race they were also going to run on Sunday got moved to today so they did it instead. I knew 4 runners beside David. Maggie Mentes and her daughter Emily finished well. They will be running the Dixville Notch 1/2 Marathon in Colebrook, NH on September 24 (sound familiar?!). Dennis Casey, who is directing the Kingdom Challenge 1/2 on Oct. 29th (Lyndonville to St. Johnsbury, VT) was there. Tara Nelson told me she's signed up to run the Kingdom Challenge.

Don Osborne, who will be 90 on October 30th, and his wife, Marilyn Moore were there. He did not run or walk this year. He was 19th at Boston when there were 140 runners! They have a camp at Lake Memphramagog and a house in Branford, CT.

Linda took pictures and provided Vitamin water at the 1/2 way point.




rad  
Photos by LBrad   Photos


Note: Click any picture to see a bigger picture.


The Start!


Echo Lake


Lee, at the half way point


Dennis Casey, coming in


  Emily and Maggie Mentes, coming in


Marilyn Moore and Don Osborne


--
Posted By Team Primal Force to Brickyarders at 8/27/2011 10:44:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in carpooling, especially since I don't know the New Haven area well. Thanks Brent!

    ReplyDelete