Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Re: Interested in Running


Hi Tim

Thanks for the message. Sure, jump in. We might not be fast enough for you but you might want to run w/ us to see if it's a good fit. We are a very small group and are about as varied as you can get. There's between 5 and 8 of us. Our "home base" is the Greenway off Brickyard Road in Farmington. We meet typically at 7:30 AM Saturday mornings and run from 8 to 20 miles depending on what races we're getting ready for. If there's a race on Saturday we might skip our group run or have it on Sunday. We often have a common race we're shooting for but just as often there might be 2 or more different races among us. Right now three of us are getting ready for a 50K / 50 mile ultra on April 21. This Saturday we'll be running between 18 and 24 milles. You would be the youngest among us. Several of us are running Hartford full and Newport full in the Fall. One of us is doing both, back to back. They are on consecutive days. You figure it out :)

We are very  interested in attracting new people and you sound like you would be a great addition. Over the winter months, because the Greenway was under snow, we trained at various different places; the Iron Horse 1/2 course, Rogers Orchard and in the Burlington Hills near where one of us lives.

If you need directions to the Greenway parking lot off Brickyard Rd, let me know.

We have a blog where we post, every week, usually around Thursday night, where and when we'll meet for the Saturday run.

http://tinyurl.com/brickyarders

Some of us are religious about posting our runs in an internal log in the blog. Look for Sonic the Cat.

Pictures, upcoming race, results, race reports etc. The blog is where we exchange ideas. Anybody can post to it by sending an email to

teamprimalforce@gmail.com

Lee


On 4/3/2013 9:10 AM, Timothy Rascher wrote:
Hi Lee - My name is Tim Rascher.  I moved to West Hartford from Orlando about a year ago for work.  I am a runner.  I got into marathons in 2009 after discovering I liked distance running.  My goal was to qualify for Boston, and I came within 42 seconds in the last marathon I ran, which was the 2011 Disney Marathon.  I am 32 years old (30 at the time) - my time was 3:11.41 - at the time the cut off for Boston for my age group was 3:10.59.  Shortly thereafter, Boston revised their qualifying times, bringing the new qualifying time to 3:05.  Needless to say I was bummed, and decided to take a year off racing, during which time I wound up getting my current job, moving up here and getting settled.
I've found that the desire to qualify is back in me, so I have registered for the Chicago Marathon (I ran twice before and really enjoy it). I never really stopped training, though I haven't done any long runs (10+) in a while and am looking to start.  I got your email from the Hartford Track Club's website and am interested in coming out.
Thanks very much for your time.
- Tim

Timothy Rascher
Assistant General Counsel
Permasteelisa North America Corp.
123 Day Hill Road | Windsor, CT 06095, United States
T: +1 860 298 2000 | M: +1 407 574 1075
t.rascher@permasteelisagroup.com
www.permasteelisagroup.com
This email  and any files enclosed, contain  confidential business  information  for  use  only  by  the  addressed,  please  note   that,  in  accordance  with  Permasteelisa Group Policy,  the company could read them. Any views or opinions  presented  in  this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily  represent  those  of the Company.  If you  have received  this  email in error,  please delete it from your system.  Any  use or distribution of the contents of  this email  by a not-intended recipient or in violation of the purposes of this  email is strictly prohibited and could be unlawful. Permasteelisa Group accepts  no liability  for  any damage  caused by any virus, worm, trojan program or any  other malicious program transmitted by this email.          

No comments:

Post a Comment