Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Age Before Beauty 5K XC Race

Managed to squeeze in a 30 mile bike ride with my mother yesterday afternoon, so needless to say planned on skipping today's race until I got an email from the "Kathyies" yesterday that without me the team could not officially score anything.

So...against my own medical advice to someone 7 days out from a marathon, I ran. Turned out to be a beautiful morning. After training for cement streets and steel bridges, I found the terrain quite challenging- and was totally out of gas by mile 1, which did not help with this killer hill at mile 1.5.

 I ran with an older pair of running shoes into which I had placed some hex-head sheet metal screws which really helped with traction through the mud, roots, leaves ect. I took some pictures of this shoe set up, as well as Chris Chisholm's official XC spikes for comparison and will try to post.

Anyway, Kathy Lyons finished just ahead of me, I threw this old sore body across the line in 22:38, and Kathy Schultz was about a minute behind me. I think we beat the Hi-Tek and Roxbury teams!  Kathy Lyons has a rivalry going with a lady named Elaine, I think she is from Hi-Tek.  Elaine beat her by seconds, so we are rooting for Kathy next week.  We saw a few other HTC runners too, including Bill Thramann, Mark Robyczynski - who run the race outright and took the picture of us above, and Chris Chisholm as previously mentioned.

All in all it was a good prep for next week's race.

Race photo above, once again I cannot seem to get the date thing fixed on my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment