Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Undo the Redo?

Due to unforseen circumstances, your fearless leader (that would be Ms Ralston), and her marathon relay partner (that would be Mr Bradley) have decided to throw out the following idea: Undo the Redo and, instead, meet @ Brickyard next weekend (specifically Saturday, not Sunday, the day the Hogsback Redo was to have taken place). The reason for this change is, despite Lani's already feeling she could "very safely do a run / walk with Mary" only a half day after what happened last night (we'll get to this, be patient), both of us are coming up with too many reasons why it might make sense to cancel the Redo.

Lani, while probably bending over just the wrong way last night trying to plug something into a powerstrip (no, what happened does not involve any extra electrons paying her a visit, thank God) managed to do something to her right ankle which hurt a lot and which did not get better for several hours. She had it X-rayed.  "No fracture, but I popped some ligaments.  I was advised to stop running for several weeks." I won't tell you what Lani's builtin math converter did with "several weeks" but the more I thought about this turn of events the more I thought we should scrap the Redo.

In our wishywashy way, we're looking for feedback on this proposal. If there is no outcry of disappointment that we skip the Redo and just run Brickyard, then this is what we'll do. Support for this plan is further strengthened by the fact that there are at least 3 "real" (that is timed, bibbed, trophied, recorded etc.) 1/2s in the next 4 months that many of us are already penciling in: Roxbury (December 18, 2010), Colchester (February 26, 2011), Oleksak Lumber Spring 1/2 in Westfield, MA (Sunday, April 3, 2011). Limpin' Lee and Ligamentless Lani think it might be best to take it easy on Sunday the 28th (read off) and celebrate the post Turkey / Tofu Saturday at the Brick on the 27th.

We're not wimps. We're just trying to be smart (it's tough, but we can be that too).

Waddaya think Brickyarders?

Lee and Lani

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, sorry to hear that Lani and I hope you bounce back from that ankle injury quickly. Make sure to listen to your body though - the last thing you want is a several month hiatus.

    I'm fine with meeting on Sat. How long would everyone want to run? I'm only asking so that I can plan the rest of my week. I'm okay with running as little as 6 or as much as 10. Whatever the group wants to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better Lani!!! Keep that leg rested and don't push too much too fast.

    Saturday is good with me too! I may run a little longer to get ready for the Roxbury half, but I'll definitely be there.

    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary is good with returning to the Brickyard next Saturday too, so I guess that's a consensus. Thanks for all the well wishes re: my ankle. It is feeling much better already. Sorry about the typo on my race report blog, guess it's a good thing I'm in medicine and not journalism! By the way, which Brickyarder is selling these fancy Rolex Replicas????

    ReplyDelete