Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brickyarders Rock the 8K XC Challenging

A hearty group of Brickyarders took on the challenging course today at the MDC in West Hartford.  There were no broken bones or broken legs, but there was one Bloody Mary!

Kelsey (AKA Forrest Gump who ran from his house in New Britain and kept on running...) dashed across the line in 38:33.  I gave up the final sprint to Elaine Romano from the other team, much to the dissapointment of my HTC teamates finishing in 39:05.  Still recovering from NYC, what can I say???  Lee and Tracy finished together in a show of Brickyarder Solidarity in 44:01 and 44:02 respectively.  Rose brought home an age group award with her 54:08.  And Mary came across the line in 59:42, with bloody knees but so excited she was ready to do it again! Linda was volunteering in race support, and took the start photo.  I think it is one and the same photo now posted at Greystone Racing, but correct me if I am wrong.

Awesome races by everyone.

Our next race is on Thursday, which is Tofurkey Day for me and Turkey Day for everyone else, Malibu Fitness 5K in Farmington at 7:00 am (!!!)

Keep posted for details on next Sunday's Hogsback Redo, next Sunday at 10:00 am in Colebrook.  Lee and I are putting together the final race details, now.  We will post them in the next few days along with directions to the start. 

4 comments:

  1. Figures, looks like my eyes were closed.

    No fair Lee got an award - I was only a second behind him. :)

    I was so pleased with myself because I passed several people and only one guy passed me. Then I saw the results - 115 people ran and I was 85th. No wonder - everyone was smoking me from the beginning! Oh well, Lani is going to teach me how to take 5+ min. off of next year's finish time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a better shot of you ...

    Tray awake / Lani asleep

    Sorry about the 1 second. Next year, catch Lani and then get in front of her. This'll get you a 3rd and one of those ginormous mugs which you will be able to fill with an ice cream milkshake that'll make the cake you ate on your last birthday look like nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, love the pic and the title.

    ReplyDelete