Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bart Yasso and other stuff...

First the other stuff: Yay, Tray!! A new Brickyarder!! Can't wait to run with you, hope you can make it on Saturday.

Thanks, Lee for the PDF-what a great idea. Also thanks for figuring out how everyone can post to the blog with the email link- I hope to see a lot of new posters!

As many of you know, my NYC training program was from the July '10 issue of Runner's World, which I bought at the airport on my way to LAX this summer. It was written by Bart Yasso, the Runner's World head editor as well as the creator of the famous "Yasso 800's". Never had much luck with the Higdon and Galloway programs I followed in the past, so I thought I'd give this one a try as it was aptly titled "3:59:59 or Bust". I was pleased with the results, so thought I'd try to email Mr. Yasso directly and thank him for the great plan. Here's the very nice email I got back:



Lani,

Congrats !!!!! You have to be very happy with your sub 4. NYC marathon is a tough course you will go faster someday.
I was at the finish line all day on Sunday, you ran right past me.

Check out our Runner's World Challenge if you want to take your running to the next level.

Keep up the great work.

Bart

Bart Yasso
Runner's World CRO Chief Running Officer
400 south 10th St. Emmaus, PA 18098
610-967-8276 cell # 610-393-6151

http://www.bartyasso.com/
http://twitter.com/BartYasso
http://www.facebook.com/BartYasso



I have since gone to the RW website and checked out some of the other training plans. They are all pretty good. I have downloaded a half marathon program which I may try to follow for the Roxbury race next month. Maybe others will find a good plan there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment