Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, November 27, 2010

11/27/10 Update

In true Brickyarder fashion, 7 of us (Rose, Lee, Mary, Tracy, Kelsey, Peter, and myself) showed up this am for a run/walk - all at different times. I think it's a pretty safe bet that none of us did the same exact pace or distance either! It's getting pretty cold these days, but future plans are really heating up: Santa's Run, Mitten Run, Roxbury Half, Colchester Half, HTC Winter Series, Westfield Half marathon, Lake Waramaug Ultras, NYC Marathon, Ironman Lake Placid... Rose is already planning the "2011 Thanksgiving Challenge" which involves running the Malibu Fitness 5K and then Manchester Road Race! I'm thinking there should be extra credit to anyone who cycles or runs from Farmington to Manchester...

Anyway, since Thanksgiving was just a few days ago, just wanted to say I'm thankful to be running with such a great group of people. And after 26 years of hitting the pavement, I also thank God for each day I can get up and run yet once again. I hope to have the opportunity to introduce others to running in the coming year so that they may experience this gift as well.

5 comments:

  1. Tracy and Lee have been buggin' the folks over @ the Roxbury Half and it looks like we're possibly a few hours away from seeing a map of the course. The good news (for those who don't like killer hills) is that the hills won't be that bad. Quoting Chris Deming from the Roxbury Races Facebook Group:

    "There's nothing that steep in the half marathon - the hills are more of the long, nagging rises and falls. I expect to put a map up on the website later today."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like our nagging paid off. Here's the link to the course map and elevation info.:

    http://roxburyraces.net/half-marathon/

    Between miles 7 and about 11.25, it looks almost like a non-stop ascent with little recovery. Other than that, not too bad. What do you think?

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracy. Yeah, looks doable. Focus on hills this week. Sub 2 would be good. Aim high.

    Roxbury 1/2 map

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year's Roxbury 1/2 as run by Mary Schafer. Really impressive time for hilly course.

    Roxbury 1/2 2009 Garmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the trophy situation quite funny. Does it mean that Malibu thinks it took my 364 days, 23 minutes, and 10 seconds to run the race????? I thought my time was slow, but that's a bit extreme!
    Had another interesting reminder of the race at around 5am topday when taking some clothes out of the dryer: first I noticed a very strange red, white, and blue ribbon attached to nothing, then a medal, then my headphones, and lastly my iPod- all of which I apparently left in my jacket pocket following the race. I think the spin cycle drained the iPod's battery, however everything appears to have survived deep cleaning intact. Although Malibu's trophies may be a bit on the unsual side, their medals appear to be quite durable.

    Thanks for picking up the trophy Lee and keep pounding the pavement Tracy, running has a wonderful way of counteracting problems.

    Lani

    ReplyDelete