Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, October 23, 2011

21st annual Great Pumpkin Classic 4 Mile in Trumbull


Click the picture below or the link below it to see more pictures, results, commentary etc.




I got an email from Marty Schaivone inviting me to come down to the 21st annual Great Pumpkin Classic 4 Mile in Trumbull. Brent was also invited by Marty at the recent USATF CT meeting. Linda drove Brent, me, Larry Regan and Bob Tumiski down this morning. Brent has been coaching me of late and he, Bob and I warmed up on the track at the High School. We ran about a mile and did a few strides as well. It paid off. Larry went sub-7, Will Graustein couldn't be caught, Hawley was unbelievable, Brent and I kinda did what we did at Apple Harvest (but switched roles). The course was long by .15 miles so my pace was actually 7:04.


This might be the last Pumpkin Race. Marty will be retiring after 35 years of teaching at Trumbull High School. Sherry Duff, his partner, is taking a new job in Virginia. So this is the beginning of the end of an era. Marty is a great race director. He seems to know just about everybody who places in his races and gives a nice story about them when they get their awards. There were some pretty touching moments today when he was doing what he always does - a brilliant job. Thanks Marty.


Lee

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job everyone! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete