Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hartford - Break 4:00 or Bust!

First of all, congratulations to everyone who ran Hartford - half and full marathons! A special congrats to Lea, Mari, and Beth, who should be beeming with pride after their first successful completion of 26.2.

I figured I would write about my disappointment as a catharsis to maybe help move past it. Regarding the 4:00 or Bust plan, I obviously chose BUST! I don't know why but I had a difficult race early on. Perhaps I just went out too fast but I felt like I hit the wall several miles before the actual wall. I struggled and even considered registering a DNF at times. I really wanted that medal, however. :) Mentally and physically I did not have it today. The weather was great, I thought my training went great but something was off.

Mari and Beth, I'm so glad I ran into you at the end of the race. I was sitting down in pain looking for anyone I knew and then I spotted Beth's compression socks. :) Lee, Linda, Rose, and Lea, I'm really sorry I missed you guys. I guess we should have had a meeting place - DUH! I went for a massage and walked around a little but there were just too many people and my legs could barely make it any further.

I hope everyone recuperates quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Tray - You have such a great attitude! I just can't say it any better. Good for you.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks for the encouragement, Lee. It took me hours to get that so called "great" attitude. I sulked for a few hours and then thought I should stop being a jackass.

    Technically I got a PR on THIS course -by a whole 40 sec. over last year's time. Woo hoo(yes, that's sarcastic). :P

    ReplyDelete