Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back to Brickyard!

I ran w/ Larry Chaves and 6 other "Amigos" this morning. We did a "practice run" on the Manchester Road Race course. Actually this is not technically true since we did the first mile plus on the greenway trail that parallels the race course. Beautiful.



The real reason I'm posting this tho is to suggest we return to Brickyard Road this Saturday. Larry and several friends were there yesterday and he says it's OK to run it. There are a few saw horses at the trail heads but they went around them and encountered no problems, both in the North and South directions.

I'm motivated to suggest this for another reason: as you may know, the HTC 8K XC Challenge has been cancelled and the MDC has closed the Reservoir 1 / Reservoir 3 area where the race was to have taken place on Saturday so our idea of running there @ 8 AM and then (at least in Mike T's case) racing @ 10 AM is no longer in the cards.

Brent, Lea and I are racing in Wallingford on Sunday (Turkey Trot 5 Mile). So I expect we will take it easy at Brickyard. But I welcome any and all Brickyarders to join us at 8 AM at Brickyard. Winter is fast approaching and I want to get as many Brickyard runs in as we can before we head to Highcrest.

So ... I hope I haven't confused you by switching again.

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment