Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, November 13, 2011

On my way home from Harrisburg

Hi Everyone,

All done and on the train back home. Here's the breakdown of my race: Finish time: 4:10:46. A solid 15 min. off my Hartford time. I'm very pleased. My splits were kind of even - about 9:22 for the first half and 9:42 for the second half = 9:32 average pace. I didn't hit the wall though - yay! I drank at every aid station except mile 24 (didn't want to stop/slow down for fear of not being able to sustain the pace until the finish). Consumed almost 4 gels throughout the race. Miles 18-20 had some hills, which slowed me down a bit. You're right, Barb - never believe advertisements of a "flat course." I had to dig deep to keep up the pace till the end. Miles 23 - end were hard! Well, I'm still 11 min. away from breaking 4 but for running 2 marathons a month apart, I'm very happy. Thanks for all your support everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Tracy, how terrific! Congratulations on your success in Harrisburg. It sounds like you paced this one very well and even with the hills at the end, you had some fuel in the tank. A sub-4 hour marathon is will within your grasp, so stick with it and pick your races carefully. You might like Mohawk-Hudson next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara said it all. Well done Tracy. Very very well done. I've just got off the phone w/ Rose and told her the news. While you were running 26.2, I ran from home to Old Wethersfield, ran the 5K (bibless) in about 23:50 and then got a ride home w/ a friend. I then waited patiently for a phone call, email or post from you. I was not disappointed.

    Yay Tray!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. 335 TRACY L. VROEGINDAY 668 39 F 21 35-39 4:10:45.99 4:11:20.91 0:34.92 9:36/M

    ReplyDelete