Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Friday, November 18, 2011

Manchester Road Race

I don't know of any Brickyarders who are running Manchester (which makes us pretty weird as I have quite a few friends who are). And I could be wrong. Let me know.

Anyway, it's less than a week away and in case you missed it, there have been a couple of articles in the Courant that are great reads and a couple of photos I just had to share.

For starters, this is what Bekkie, Joe and other Silk City Striders wore last year ...


And then there's what Bekkie and Joe wore in 2009 ...


The following appeared in the Courant yesterday ...

http://www.courant.com/sports/other/hc-mrr-memories-1117-20111116,0,6281068.story

Be sure to read the entire article. You will learn some very cool news at the very end.

Today, Jeff Jacobs wrote a tribute to Johnny Kelley ...

http://www.courant.com/sports/other/hc-jacobs-manchester-road-race-column-1118-20111118,0,592892.column

A lot of history. I never met Johnny Kelley. I obviously missed a great one. I did know Charlie Robbins and ran many races with him. Always barefoot. Even in winter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment