Race Pace

Miles : Hours Minutes Seconds Pace :
 

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wallingford Turkey Trot Report

Brent, Lea and yours truly ran the Wallingford Turkey Trot 5 Miler today. Here are a few pix of us.


Lea finishing. She was not feeling super good but managed a 43:32 (8:42 pace)


Lea told us about Paradise Hills Vineyard so we went after the race. Did their wine tasting, bought wine and met the owners. Great place. Will be back.


Donna and her husband (and their turkey and her trophy). 13 turkeys were given as random prizes. 


Larry Regan PRd w/ a 34:30. Linda took all the pictures (except this one obviously). Larry won one of the turkeys and gave it to Brent who will give it to Middletown Food Pantry. Brent was about a minute and a half behind Larry. Brent placed 1st in his division. Larry loaned me his shirt. I was over dressed.


I ran 37:20 (7:26 pace), about a minute and a half behind Brent. I placed 1st in my division (there were only 4 guys in the 60-69 division).  


Brent and Larry at the start


I enjoyed meeting and talking w/ Larry's Mom before and after the race.


Lea and Bob Najarian before the race


Larry coming in


Brent coming in


Lee coming in

Here's the course

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of all of you! What a beautiful day to run. I'm starting to have withdrawals -just eating and visiting with family this weekend.

    Barbara, so sorry to hear of your mishap and hope it does not keep you down and out for too long.

    Lea, hope you feel better by Turkey day. Looking forward to a long run on Fri.

    I just got an email from Chris Deming. I was on the waiting list for the Roxbury Marathon on Dec. 10 - about 40 people were in front of me. Well, he's offering me a spot! Should I do it? Is there something wrong in my brain that I'm even considering it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother Chip placed 4th in division @ a 5 miler in Fitchburg, MA on this day as well. Here's a link ...

    http://www.coolrunning.com/results/11/ma/Nov20_31stAn_set1.shtml

    ReplyDelete